Thursday 27 October 2011

Epic Bra Battles - Day Two!

Round One: Looks
The Serengeti Plains is one of those bra’s where you can tell it’s well made from the moment you put it on.
The material was gorgeous; deep blue satin that felt wonderful to touch because its just so soft. Despite this, the design is a little plain, though I suppose any more and it would have been ‘too much’. The bows are a nice touch though, in complementary orange.
The straps are in the same colour and material as the cups, so they're not too fussy either.
On the whole, this bra (while it feels lovely) does lack that little something extra.


The Collette from La Senza is a gorgeous bra by anyone's standards. The cups are silk, with delicate lacing on the cups and scalloped lace along the neckline.
Similarly to the Serengeti Plains, this bra has a delicate bow nestled between the cups, which is gorgeous.
The straps are plain, and the same colour as the cups. This works well with the style of the bra however; any more detailing and its at risk of looking too fussy.

The winner for round one...the Collette!

Round Two: Quality
I found the Serengeti Plains to be very well made, as is typical of Elle MacPherson.
As the cups are molded, they feel durable, and I think the quality of them is good enough for this bra to be worn everyday with no trouble!
The straps seem a little unsubstantial, as I suspect there may be issues when it comes to larger cup sizes, with them causign a little discomfort.
The fastenings all seem great, and I don't feel there is much danger of this bra breaking in any way!

The Collette, while a high street bra, is also fantastically well-made.
 The silk if of course outstanding quality for a high-street bra. Many are made from satin, which is no-where near as luxurious as the silk. The lace detailing is added beautifully, and the quality of the lace is great. It doesn't itch at all, and it does look and feel wonderful.
The straps seem suitably thick which is always a plus, especially for the larger cup sizes.

Both bra's are wonderful, and so well made its ridiculous! Therefore, I award a draw!

Round Three: Comfort
When wearing the Serengeti Plains, I found that it was immensely comfortable. The cups were nicely lined with no seams, and the underwires weren't poking out or digging in. In fact I barely noticed they were there!
I found the level of support that this bra gave to be great too. I tried to shake my boobs out of the cups, and there was a small amount of spillage from the cup. This is not unexpected, as this does happen with a lot of bra’s. To make this point again, however, for such a pricey bra, I did expect better.

The Collette in white

With the Collette, the cups were a slightly different shape to those of the Serengeti Plains. I felt that my boobs were held in much better by the Collette, and when I tested this by trying to shake them out, there was actually no spillage whatsoever from the cup. Needless to say, I was impressed!
Again, the underwires were great, as was the lining of the cup.
In fact the only thing I didn't like about this bra was the fact that I couldn't take it home with me!!

So I feel the winner of this round, and overall is the Collette!


The Collette wasn't a whole lot cheaper than the Serengeti Plains (the Collette being £30 and the Serengeti being £37) but the value-for-money comes from silk being used to make the cheaper Collette, and satin on the Serengeti.

Haych xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment