Sunday 21 August 2011

Designer vs High Street - Epic bra battles 101

So in a series of classic head-to-head battles, I am going to pitch designer and high street bra's against each other over the next three days to determine if you really do get what you pay for.
I have three designer bra's; the Cupcake (by Elle MacPherson), the Serengeti Plains (also by Elle MacPherson) and the Seductive Comfort (by Calvin Klein). These are going to be put head-to-head against similar bra's that you can buy for £30 or under on the high street.

I took a trip to Manchester on the 21st August to see which bra's were the most comparable to the designer ones I had chosen.
I chose to go on this day, because the 21st August was a special day in Manchester.
Following the horrific riots of the 9th August, the people of Manchester have rallied together against the violence and have launched the I♥MCR campaign.
Thousands of people were in town, hundreds holding I♥MCR posters, and wearing I♥MCR t-shirts. The Manchester Evening News printed free Metrolink vouchers in the paper to encourage people to get back into the city centre and show support for the local businesses.

Photo: Mark Waugh

Around 2pm, film crews showed up, and in the 'Manchester Moment', hundreds of people held up their posters, and gave interviews about this campaign. Bands played in Piccadilly Gardens, and street dancers performed in St Anns square; everyone completely united against those few who destroyed so much of our great city.
When I finally dragged myself away, I got to work!

The three high street bra's I chose were the floral chiffon balconette (by Janet Reger), the Collette silk bra (by La Senza) and the white spot balcony (by Wonderbra).

There are three rounds to every 'fight':
Round One is looks
Round Two is quality
Round Three is comfort

So those are the rules, and soon it's time to get started!

Haych xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment