Thursday 18 August 2011

Little things that make a big difference! (The sequel)

This is a continuation of my quest to find the best boosting bra on the high street. The first 'instalment' of which you can read a little further down the page. Or you can be lazy and click here ^-^


Continuing the quest for the best boosting bra on the high street, I bring you bra’s from La Senza!
There are only two, at the moment, as there was a bit of a crisis in the Manchester Debenhams that day, and all customers and staff were evacuated. I spent the majority of the journey out of the building still pulling on my top!
Nevertheless, I tried out two kinds of bra; one a boosting strapless, the other a strapless bandeau.


 


The boost that this bra gives your cleavage is pretty decent, it's about 2 cup sizes. While the bra was quite weighty because of the sheer amount of padding, the effect this gives is great. The fit was good, and the shape that it gives your boobs is quite natural, which can’t be said for many bra’s with this much padding in them!
Because of the weight, it meant that the bra felt the effect of gravity rather a lot more than normal strapless bras, and I felt like I would constantly be pulling it up throughout the day. Having said that, it kept me in place relatively well, more so than a lot of strapless bra’s I’ve tried in the past, so that counts for something.
After trying the bra out on a couple of nights out in Manchester, I found that all of my assumptions about pulling it up were wrong. The bra stays up fantastically well, and lasted the entire night on two (and many more to come) occasions.

There weren’t many designs on the bra’s, which was a shame; the standard plain black, nude and white, and this leopard print were the only ones available. The black, nude and white bra's cost £22, while the leopard print costs £6 more, at £28.
The boost that this bra gives you is around +2 cup sizes.
Comfort: ***
Fit: ***
Support: ****
Quality: ****






I hesitated to try this bra on, because bandeau bra’s usually look absolutely terrible on me. This one didn’t look too bad though, so I thought I’d give it a go.

As the sizes were small to extra large, I opted for a medium, though the elastic was a little loose around my ribcage. I could have had small, but I think the cup size would have been to small then. That’s the problem with sizing things with S, M and L...it really doesn’t take into account the variation amongst women with regards to cup size. Just because you have a small band measurement, doesn’t necessarily mean you have a small cup size to match, and the same goes for larger band measurements.
On the whole though, this isn’t bad for a bra to wear for general everyday things. I certainly wouldn’t recommend it for a night out though! It does hold you in reasonably well, and it stood up well in the ‘shake test’, as I didn’t fall out at all. It was comfortable though, as there were no wires to dig in, or silicon gripping to stick to your ribs!

There isn’t much in the way of padding, for those that want it, and the shape that it gives your boobs isn’t particularly natural. It gives the impression of two half tennis balls, stuck on your chest...
For women with larger boobs, I don’t think that this bra would hold you up especially well. There isn’t any grip on the elastic, as there are with most strapless bras, so I don’t think it would hold up especially well.
As far as design goes, you’re pretty much limited to white, natural or black, although this isn’t exactly a luxury bra, so this is to be expected.
Costing £16, this is a very reasonably priced bra.

Comfort: ****
Fit: ***
Support: **
Quality: ***

Unfortunately, that's it for the La Senza bra's for now. However! I will be updating this very soon! I feel a shopping trip coming on ^-^

Haych xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment